Saturday 15 August 2009

Michael Nesmith - From a Radio Engine to the Photon Wing

Yes it's him from the Monkees - I'm sure he wouldn't want to be associated with the Monkees all his life, but tough, you joined a boyband and you're stuck with it mate.

Anyway, this is a bit more laid back and the first track 'Rio' is pretty good (not the same as 'Rio' by Duran Duran by the way [not the same Duran Duran as in Barbarella by the way]). Seems this was done in Nashville and it is a bit country, with a bit of a bluesy streak as well.





From a Radio Engine to the Photon Wing 78Mb Ripped and Encoded by Slothy@256kbps

6 comments:

  1. "...tough, you joined a boyband and you're stuck with it mate." Heh! Priceless!

    I was listening to Nesmith's "Rio" last week because I hadn't heard it for years (used to be a regular on the old Simon Bates/DLT-era Radio 1) but it got tedious around half of it's 6 minutes plus running time and so I had to end it. Not a very interesting anecdote, I know - but a true one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahem, I've never heard of Simon Bates or DLT in my life and I don't know what you're talking about - they never would have played Mike Nesmith even if they had existed (which they never, so there).

    Don't listen to him folks, these are the ramblings of a crazy man, download with confidence.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have no idea how much I envy you for never having heard either Bates or DLT...

    Thanks for sharing this album - the bolshy Monkee was always my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great share, thanks! And I'm with you, Rio is a classic. Anyone that regularly listened to DLT or Radio 1 doesn't have good ears or a sound mind!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love you for posting this. I think my favorite of his solo stuff is Tantamount to Treason. Give it a listen if you can find it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wirh rapidshare dead, can we get a re-up? Please???

    ReplyDelete