Sunday 16 August 2009

This is Reg Varney - On the 88's at Abbey Road

'Oh dear..' you're thinking, '..this looks like just a load of old crooning, with a sprinkling of cheeky interjections and banter'.

Well you're a little bit wrong, because on side 2 there's a track called 'Best Pair of Legs in the Business' which wouldn't be out of place in one of the 'On the Buses' films. This might be down to Harry Robinson, who did the music for loads of British films in the 70s, the most notable of which is (for me) 'Glitterball' by the Children's Film Foundation - if anyone has the film please let me watch it again, I'm dying here! Update, request may be filled.. watch out.




Anyway I'll shut up and get on with it- this Abbey Road studio is famous for you know who, and I feel dirty.

This is Reg Varney 67Mb

Ripped and Encoded by Sloth@256kbps

5 comments:

  1. Now that's what I call a find! Gotta have this one for the collection! Funnily enough, the 88 was my local and favourite bus to Birmingham city centre from Smethwick - and it used to pass through an Abbey Road I do believe!

    I have Glitterball (along with a few other CFF classics) - I'll dig it out for a future upload.

    ReplyDelete
  2. on the busses was a great show, i have a lot on DVD :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for posting this. I had Come On and Tickle My Fancy on this compilation, so it's nice to finally have the parent album.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great album, you can't beat recordings from vinyl,

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi There,
    I also have a video rip 0n dvd of glitterball 8.5 /10 quality.

    mail me @ vickers73@btinternet.com

    Re:Mark

    ReplyDelete