Sunday 30 May 2010

Deco Disco with Camp Galore




I know this one has been around before, but I felt compelled to get my own vinyl copy as I was listening to 'Ballin' the Jack' so much. The rip I had could have been better, so now here is the better rip!

I had never heard 'Ballin' the Jack' before, so I went looking for an old version and found this from the 1940s by Kid Ory which is very enjoyable!

Apologies for the 6 week gap - if being abducted by aliens wasn't enough, I've had to hunt around for a special cushion as well!

Deco Disco with Camp Galore 63Mb

Ripped and Encoded by Slothy@256kbps

3 comments:

  1. Hello,

    I have just seen your comment on easy listening world, where this exact same record had been posted in 2008. You had mentioned Disco-Tex & The Sexo-lettes in your comment there, and that they were posted on your blog.

    So I came for that, but I realize this blog starts in August 2009, so there must have been a previous blog you were talking about then, and this is obviously not that.

    Back then you had called Mark's upload 'excellent', but now you say it was not the best. To make the test, I have actually taken your rip as well, just to compare.

    I love these cheesy Disco records, cannot have enough of them, and I actually have countless vinyls of this kind. But I can't play them anymore (no record player here), so I am glad I can find some albums like this online.

    Thanks for the efforts!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers!.. I shall forever be wondering how the hell they came up with the idea or even why, whilst doing the charleston in gold sequin flared jump suit. 'Boop Boop a Hustle' is my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Any middle-aged German Witch in Amerika, please find that album (re)posted!

    ReplyDelete