Friday 1 January 2016

Harry Stoneham - Hammond Hits the Highway

 

When I see an LP cover like this, I always think of my favourite organ. So to kick off 2016, I'm unsheathing this very special 12 inches. Incidentally, another shot of this sultry motorcyclist adorns one of my favourite library albums AMPS 120 - Where the Action Is.

The title 'Hammond Hits the Highway' may be reminiscent of a certain jetcar crash off of Top Gear; but with Stoneham's hands on the wheel, not the slightest bump is felt.

Medleys abound, with Stoneham segueing from one to another in style. Try the change from 'Big Spender' to 'Pink Panther Theme' - masterful! You'll be disappointed only to find this journey at an end!

Hammond Hits the Highway

100Mb Ripped and encoded by Slothy@320kbps

2 comments:

  1. Hi mate! I've got a double CD of this one and High, Wide & Hammond, issued in the late 90's

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know these were available on CD, nice!

      Delete